Welcome!

Welcome to my Travel Blog where you can follow me Round The World!

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 16. Whitsunday Islands

A long day yesterday getting here. I left my hotel in Adelaide at 6:30am for an 8:00 flight to Sydney, where I changed planes. They don't check your luggage through on connecting flights, so I had to retrieve my luggage and take it to another terminal to check in for my 12:00 flight from Sydney to Hamilton Island. Arrived at about 1:30 and had to wait for the 3:00 ferry to get me back to the mainland to my final destination, Airlie Beach, arriving at about 5:00. There are 74 Whitsunday islands, so the ferry ride was a treat.

The place where I am staying, Adventure Whitsunday Resort, is like summer camp. Some cabins...






and some RV hookups and some tent sites. Then it has a great pool....Kara and Kai you would love that...





And playground....hey, kara, check this out!






And other amenities. Its cool, because it feels like I'm living in a neighborhood with the locals. When I came home from dinner, they were all sitting out in front of their cabins, catching the breeze.

For dinner, I decided to venture into the little town which is about a 15 minute bus ride away....but I stood in the wrong place and the bus whizzed past me. A young woman who was standing on the corner offered me a ride with she and her friends, so the four of them dropped me off right in front of my restaurant, Capers. I had local, fresh fish again, this time Barramundi. Sat outside, and while I couldn't see the ocean, I could feel the ocean breeze....eat your hearts out :-).

And then I found the bus stop and was able to catch the bus back.

Today I am headed out to the Great Barrier Reef...hoping the weather will cooperate.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Shute Harbour Rd,Cannonvale,Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment