Welcome!

Welcome to my Travel Blog where you can follow me Round The World!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 12. Arrived on Kangaroo Island.

I had a leisurely day yesterday. Took a stroll around the city of Adelaide, which is a wonderful place. Stopped in at their fabulous Central Market for a bite to eat (the local strawberries are scrumptious). Then headed to the bus station, with only my backpack for the bus ride down to Cape Jervis (110km). I left my other piece of luggage at Adabco, as I'll be back there for one more day. Cape Jervis is where I picked up the ferry for a 45 minute ride across to Penneshaw on Kangaroo Island.

I arrived at my intimate accommodation, Wanderers Rest B&B, where I was warmly greeted by my hosts, Chris and Ros. They had an American flag hanging out front in anticipation of my arrival. The name of the establishment is not because it is for "wanderers" such as myself, but is named for a ship of that name that sunk off of the coast here.

They immediately sat me down for a great dinner of local fish, Snook. Then it was time to take a torch (flashlight) for my "thermal" walk to see the nocturnal wallabees. It was hard to capture a photo of them as they dart around when they see your light, but this one stayed put just long enough.


I have another room with a view, where I watched the sunrise this morning.


After a hearty island breakfast, I am off this morning to see the other wildlife of the island, including those kangaroos that all of you have been asking me about!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Kangaroo Island

4 comments:

  1. Great photo's what a trip... I am realy enjoying the diversity of what your doing
    every day!! mk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow................the trip of a lifetime & its only just beginning. Sounds like you're meeting up with lots of nice people too. Great shot of the Wallabee. Can't wait to see the kankaroos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the photos! I almost feel l like I am there. Wish I was. If you loved the PNG dancers at the festival, you would love going to the PNG sing sings.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete