Welcome!

Welcome to my Travel Blog where you can follow me Round The World!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 62 (Thurs, cont'd). Arrive in Budapest.

I arrived in Budapest (that's Buda-Pesht) this afternoon and, wow. I can see why it's called "the pearl of the Danube." I decided to just hit the streets and see as much as I can before dinner. So without a guide book and without a tour guide, below were my first impressions of this city...
































-






















































































































Tomorrow I'll do the free walking tour and find something out about this city and some of the things I saw today!

After passing the 60 day mark, I have been wishing I had planned a six month, rather than 99 day, trip!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dottie, it was a pleasure meeting you on our walking tour of Budapest! (Your blog is terrific!) Just wanted to drop a hello from the fellow New Yorker (I was the one from Manhattan that was visiting with my boyfriend).

    I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip and Budapest as well! Have a great time. Looking forward to reading more :)

    Best,
    Karynn (and Ben)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am glad you are enjoying it. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

    ReplyDelete