Welcome!

Welcome to my Travel Blog where you can follow me Round The World!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 21. Kakadu/Litchfield National Parks

It was bloody hot as I explored the city of Darwin yesterday. For those who saw the movie "Australia" with Nicole Kidman and that hot hunk, Hugh Jackman, Darwin was the setting for that movie. It was the Australian port that was bombed during WWII. It also suffered a devastating cyclone in 1974, as evidenced by what is left of the town hall.


For lunch, I caught the bus over to the Darwin sailing club which a virgin blue flight attendant had told me about. It was a really nice setting for lunch.




I came back and took a dip in the pool to cool off. Then I went on a sunset cruise of the harbor. And it poured down rain! But we did see a sliver of a sunset.



So today, its off to the national parks for a three day 4WD safari, including some hiking. I'm not sure if I'll have wifi for the next three days, so I might not get to update my blog until I get back.

So, cheers, for now!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Northern Territory, Australia

1 comment: